Our PSHE provision supports the school’s aims of developing confident citizens and successful learners who are creative, resourceful and able to identify and solve problems. The social and emotional development of pupils is embedded throughout the entire school’s curriculum and culture. The school has a powerful combination of a planned thematic PSHE program, built around a spiral curriculum of recurring themes, designed to:
- Give pupils the knowledge and develop the self-esteem, confidence and self-awareness to make informed choices and decisions;
- Encourage and support the development of social skills and social awareness;
- Enable pupils to make sense of their own personal and social experiences;
- Promote responsible attitudes towards the maintenance of good physical and mental health, supported by a safe and healthy lifestyle;
- Enable effective interpersonal relationships and develop a caring attitude towards others;
- Encourage a caring attitude towards and responsibility for the environment;
- Help our pupils understand and manage their feelings, build resilience and be independent, curious problem solvers;
- Understand how society works and the laws, rights and responsibilities involved.
We know there is a proven link between pupils' health and wellbeing, and their academic progress. Crucial skills and positive attitudes developed through comprehensive Personal, Social, Health and Economic education are critical to ensuring children are effective learners.
- Me and My Relationships
- Valuing Difference
- Keeping Myself Safe
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Being My Best
- Growing and Changing